St Mary’s offers opportunities for children to develop their unique gifts by providing a diverse range of extracurricular activities.
Children are encouraged to participate in these activities, which will enrich their lives and enable them to live out our school motto of “Faith, Love and Understanding”.
St Mary’s offers opportunities to grow in the following areas:
- Choir – Students in Years 3-6 who enjoy singing have the opportunity to audition for the school choir. Our choir performs at school Masses and has competed successfully at many eisteddfods e.g. Hunter Valley Gardens Eisteddfods
- Private Music Tuition in piano is available on site and is available for students in Years 2-6.
- Dance Fever-Years 3-6 in Term 1
- Buddy Program- Year 6 students are partnered with a new Kindergarten student to help ensure a smooth transition to school.
- Student Parliament- Year 6 students have the opportunity to apply for various leadership positions e.g. School Captain, School Parliament, Colour House Captain
- Year 5 students are also encouraged to apply for School Parliament and Colour House Vice Captains
- Mini Vinnies
- School Captains participate in the Halogen Foundation’s National Young Leaders Day at Darling Harbour
- Central Coast Catholic Public Speaking Competition
- University of NSW English, Mathematics, Science and Computer Competitions
- Premier’s Reading Challenge
- K-2 Swimming Program
- Diocesan Representative Sport. Students in Years 4, 5 & 6 have the opportunity to trial for selection to represent the Diocese of Broken Bay. These sports include netball, basketball, soccer, hockey, touch football, rugby union, cricket, rugby league and AFL.
- Central Coast Catholic Schools Sports Gala Days such as Soccer, Touch Football and Netball.
- Students between the ages of 8–12 also have the opportunity for selection in school, Central Coast Cluster, and Diocesan Representative Teams for swimming, athletics and cross country.
- Central Coast Schools Cricket Competitions e.g. Waratah Shield, and the Mark Taylor Shield
- Rugby League competitions e.g. NSW Catholic Primary Schools Rugby League 10- a -side, NSW
- Rugby League All Schools Knockout
- Rugby Union competitions e.g. NSW Catholic Primary Schools Rugby Union
- Non competitive fun days e.g. Walla Rugby for Years 3 & 4
- Sporting Skills Development days e.g. AFL Aus Kick, Basketball, CC Mariners, Rugby League,Cricket